MASTER IN SOCIAL MANAGEMENT
Degree: Master in social management
Duration: Four academic semesters
Director: Dr. Julio Tereucán.
Tel: (56) (45) 232 56 70 - 259 21 12 -232 56 77
ObjectivesTo train professionals with advanced competences for action management, through research, formulation, management and evaluation of social policies, programs and projects that favor the creation of public value in the processes of social development.
Graduate profileThe graduate of the Program in Social Management of the University of La Frontera will be a professional with a theoretical and methodological training of high level that will allow her/him to:
- Conduct social orientation programs
- Intervene in permanent processes of social evaluation
- Develop research and intervention projects oriented to the processes of social development in any of its areas.
- To be part of multidisciplinary teams in the formation of social policies.
- To perform at the level of social intervention, with an ethical sense and respect for diversity in the widest sense.
Admission requirementsGraduate degree or equivalent Professional title
Description of studiesThe Curriculum is organized according to a semester curricular regime and has a duration of two years (including thesis). It is developed through two complementary modalities of work:
A) Intensive face-to-face attendance: With a duration of one week, in each of the semesters a subject is taught through this modality in the hours of 09:00 to 13:00 and 15:00 to 18:00 hrs. Monday to Friday.
B) Periodic face-to-face mode: It is held fortnightly on Fridays from 18:00 to 22:00 hrs and on Saturdays from 08:30 to 14:00 hrs.
- Fundamentals of Social Management
- Decentralization and public policies
- Social research applied to social management I
- Training and management of public policies
- Training in managerial skills I
- Social research applied to social management II
- Planning and social management
- Evaluation and social management
- Management skills training II
- Seminar of degree
- Management Skills Training III
- Degree work
- Degree exam