MASTER IN FAMILY DEVELOPMENT
Open application period. Classes start the 2nd semester of 2017.
Degree: Master in family development
Duration: Four academic semesters
Director: Dra. Cecilia Mayorga Muñoz
Tel: 56-45-2325678 /2325674
Program of professional and interdisciplinary character, which grants the academic degree of Master in Family development. Aimed at Social Workers, Psychologists, Lawyers, Sociologists, Psychopedagogues, Educational Advisors and Health Professionals.
The graduate of the Master's Program in Family Development has an updated and high-quality theoretical and methodological training in family intervention and applied research. This enables the students to use current and traditional models of intervention, generate new proposals and / or models in the subject, and to develop studies that contribute to the knowledge and serve as a basis for the intervention in their respective area of experience.
The preparation makes it possible to perform in specialized care services, participate in study groups, lead initiatives and contribute to academic and professional training in family issues.
To train professionals of advanced level, competent both in the professional intervention as in the development of applied research in different family contexts, in response to the complex reality that the family lives in the present society.
1. To deepen disciplinary knowledge necessary for the study and intervention with families, considering the most recent contributions in this area.
2. Analyze emerging issues in various family contexts and the main consequences on their members.
3. Analyze and apply family assessment tools.
4. Design and apply intervention models considering the diversity of contexts and family problems.
5. To deepen knowledge of applied social research for the study of family problems, whose results serve as a basis for the formulation of proposals and intervention models.
To have an Academic degree or equivalent Professional Degree, from Social Worker and / or Social Worker, Psychologist, Lawyer, Psychopedagogue, Educational Advisor and health professionals. Title photocopied and legalized by notary (only for non-graduates of UFRO).
Required documentationThe applicant must send the Secretary the following documents:
• Application form
• An up-to-date Curiculum vitae
• Letter of authorization from the employer to attend a face-to-face week, when applicable
• Proposal of the topic of which to develop the work of degree and the reasons of said election
• Photocopy of the ID card
• Birth certificate
• Title/Degree Certificate photocopied and legalized before notary (only for non-graduates UFRO)
Description of studies
1.1. Anthropological socio-family analysis
1.2 Biopsychosocial and educational processes in family contexts
1.3. Contemporary Family: transformations and problems
2.1. Legal family framework in Chile
2.2. Family and interculturality
2.3. Theoretical approaches and models of family intervention
2.3. Applied research in the family
3.1. Design of Program for parental formation
3.2. Degree Work Seminar
3.3. Elective of specialty I
3.4. Elective of specialty II
4.1. Degree work (Thesis)
* Degree Work Areas
1: Diverse family contexts and individual psychosocial development
2: Gender relations
3: Family, cultural diversity and public policy
A) Intensive: With a duration of one week in each academic semester. Intensive periods will be held in a timely manner.
B) Periodic Presential: They are realized every fortnight. Fridays in the afternoon and Saturdays in the morning and afternoon.