Doctorate in Psychology
Degree: Doctorate in Psychology
Duration of the studies: 8 academic semesters
Director: Dr. Lucio Rehbein Felmer
To train internationally renowned Psychology Doctors who possess high investigative abilities, vast disciplinary and scientific knowledge, and high competencies for up-to-date and innovative academic performance.
CharacteristicsThis program has an academic character, the research training follows the Anglo-Saxon model of Doctor of Philosophy and gives special relevance to the role of culture in psychological dispositions, processes and behaviors. The teaching takes place on daytime and in face-to-face manner. The methods emphasizes teaching by tutoring and require a minimum dedication of 36 hours per week.
The graduates will be able to:
1. Generate and maintain original lines of research in the field of psychological science that contribute both to the increase of the universal stock of knowledge and to human development and well-being, and in particular to the examination and solution of problems involving links between cultural, psychological and behavioral aspects.
2. High quality teaching, updated and relevant to the state of the art of the discipline, at undergraduate and postgraduate level in universities and research centers.
3. To carry out her/his academic work with excellence, demonstrating an up-to-date knowledge of psychological science and, through the application of scientific knowledge, to propose and develop innovative research and interventions.
ApplicantsGraduates and / or Masters in psychology or related discipline, awarded by an accredited program of a national university or a foreign university of recognized international quality.
Selection criteria• Academic achievement in obtaining the Bachelor's Degree and / or Magister in Psychology or related area.
• Competence in statistics and research methods corresponding to undergraduate training in psychology.
• Comprehensive English language proficiency.
• Participation in research projects.
• Participation in scientific publications.
• University teaching experience.
• Quality of research proposal.
• Consistency and clarity in expressing the interest in joining the program.
• Oral and written competence in Spanish, only in those applicants who come from non-Spanish speaking countries.
Description of studies
Consists of eight academic semesters (4 years) and includes 27 subjects or curricular activities which form 80 credits distributed in six areas: Fundamentals of Psychological Science (14 credits, 18%), Research Methods (9 credits, 11%), Research (31 credits, 39%), Cultural Psychology (12 credits, 15%), Thematic Concentration (10 credits, 12%) and Teaching Practice (4 credits, 5%).
• Scientific Paradign in Psychology
• Cultural Psychology and Human diversity
• Bivariate methods of research
• Supervised Laboratory I
• Development of Social Psychology
• Elective subject I
• Multivaried methods of research I
• Supervised Laboratory II
• Elective subject II
• Elective subject III
• Multivaried methods of Research II
• Directed research I
• Culture and Behaviour
• Elective subject of advanced theory/methodology
• Methods of cultural research
• Directed research II
• Doctoral qualification exam
• Doctoral practice
• Doctoral research I Semester VI
• Supervised teaching I
• Doctoral research II
• Supervised teaching II
• Doctoral research III Semester VIII
• Doctoral research IV
• Doctoral Degree Exam