MASTER IN SCIENCES WITH SPECIALIZATION IN MORPHOLOGY
Degree: Magíster en Ciencias Mención Morfología
Duration: Five academic semesters
Director: Dr. Enrique Olave R.
Tel: (56) (45) 2592891 - Fax: (56) (45) 2325600
The program is aimed at training postgraduate specialists of high level and with critical spirit, who will achieve a solid training in Morphological Sciences.
They will be able to teach at university level and to perform with solvency and creativity in scientific research teams in the area of biomedical sciences. In addition, they will be able to conduct research independently.
The student will receive a broad and updated training in the specific discipline, as well as methods that enable the application of their knowledge in other related areas.
Graduates will be able to offer higher quality university teaching and will be able to generate and conduct research projects, generating relevant and relevant scientific knowledge in each of their areas.
In addition, they will be prepared to work in multidisciplinary teams to develop proposals that consider different disciplinary approaches, within a framework of academic collaboration. They will be able to reflect critically and develop a responsible ethical stance for scientific knowledge.
Graduate degree or equivalent Professional Degree in the areas of Medicine or Medical-Biology, obtained in Institutions of Higher Education, national or foreign, recognized by the Ministry of Education. Basic and instrumental English.
Description of studies
The program consists of 60 credits: 40 from subject studies and 20 of the Thesis
The first semester
• Methodology and Scientific Communication
• History of Anatomy
• Histological Techniques
• Anatomical Techniques
• Optional Course
• Human Embryology
• Quantitative methods Third semester
• Topographic Anatomy and Dissection I
• Optional courses
• Topographic anatomy and Dessection II
• Optional courses
• Innervation of the Hand in Man
• Experimental Morphology of the Nervous System and Stomatognathic System
• Anatomy, Physiology and Pathophysiology of the Cranio-Mandibular System
• Experimental Morphology: Application of Morphometric and Stereological Methods
• Mesoscopic Anatomy of the Heart and Female Reproductive System
• Genetic Basis of Priority Diseases